Tuesday 4 November 2014

Paperfolk Loves... Mister Finch

Mister Finch is a man who sews and sews very well indeed. I was first introduced to his works when I did an online search for vintage plant illustrations- after scrolling through dozens of images I came across an image of a large mushroom. On closer inspection, the mushroom was made entirely from fabric and had such a beautiful, delicate touch that I had to find out more.
I ended up on the Mister Finch website and found even more images to get lost in! Mister Finch is from the Yorkshire area of England and unbelievably has no formal training. His skills have been learnt through trial and error but he definitely has natural talent thrown into the mix. Most of his works have a fairytale quality to them but it's the combination of fabric choice and sewing skill that really gives life to the sculptures. The artist works using recycled fabrics so each piece is truly unique.

I would love to see more of Mister Finch's works in the flesh as I definitely think there would be a lot to learn and love in the detail.







No comments:

Post a Comment