Monday 11 August 2014

Monday Musings... Kelvin Hall Carnival

So I have to admit, clowns freak me out. I know it's a clichéd fear and I would love to say it was because I read too many Stephen King novels (which I haven't) but it's simply because I hate someone's identity being hidden from me.
Anyway despite my clown hatred I've managed to put my fears to bed and bring you some beautiful posters from the Kelvin Hall Carnival and International Circus.

Anyone who has lived in Glasgow will know that nowadays the Kelvin Hall is an international sports arena but at one time it played host to a carnival for all the family. I love the different styles of posters and I actually find the ones from the sixties and seventies to be more appealing from a design perspective than the ones from the eighties. What do you think?

Enjoy!

1970

1965

1985

1934

No comments:

Post a Comment