Thursday 6 February 2014

Inspiring Reads: My Favourite Embroidery


I was so excited when my new book came through the post! My favourite embroidery by Reiko Mori is a gorgeous book full of everyday motifs from socks to baskets to lace. The book is typically Japanese in style with delicate images of embroideries in lovely colour ways.

I must stress that the book is written in Japanese aside from the titles of the embroideries so you won't find step by step instructions for each mini project. If you're quite an experienced stitcher you might find that the full sized images are enough to follow.

I really like the way the book shows motifs individually in various patterns/colourways and then illustrates how they can be used as a tote or drawstring bag etc.

I'm n the look out for some more titles by this artist





No comments:

Post a Comment