Sunday 17 November 2013

Crafty Exploits: DIY Christmas Cards

So how organised am I this year? Christmas cards made already- check me out! This year I decided to do a mix of techniques and also try to minimise costs by using things I already have in my craft room.

I'm not one for liking very traditional Christmas cards so I always try to use images I like that have a warm, festive feel but don't necessarily include Santa, reindeers or Christmas trees!


For this one I used a typewriter rubber stamp and alphabet stamps on an ivory blank card. Once these were in place I used crimson watercolour paint with a small brush to place dots in the background.



For this card I used an ivy rubber stamp to create a repeat pattern with mustard ink. I then used shrink plastic to create a Merry Christmas! speech bubble to place over the pattern.

Have you been creating an Christmas cards? Leave links of your efforts in the comments  section below...

No comments:

Post a Comment