Sunday 19 October 2014

Monday Musings: Egon Schiele

 
Egon Schiele (1890-1918) is one of the first artists that I can remember being truly inspired by. I was in second year of high school and flicking through books in my art classroom. I came across a small book of Schiele's drawings and was completely mesmerised. The black outlines, the use of mixed media and the awkwardness of the drawings really appealed to me- he was doing all of the things we were told not to do in fine art!
The Courtauld Gallery in London will be hosting an exhibition of Schiele's nudes from October until January 2015. If you're in and around London during the next few months I would recommend checking it out.
 
Here are some of Schiele's works in the meantime to wet your appetite...
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment