Thursday 2 January 2014

Paperfolk Loves... Temari Balls

Okay when I say I love Temari Balls what I mean is I love these Temari Balls...


Nana Akua decided to photograph her 88 year old grandmother's hard work and lucky for us she did! Temari Balls are a traditional Japanese craft which were originally made to be given as a gift. Repeat, geometric patterns can be layered and taken in any direction which is an exciting process for the maker. I fell in love with these because 1. I enjoy repeat patterns and 2. I love the idea of creating small things that could be given as gifts for the tree at Christmas. I actually found these on flickr while searching for good Christmas decorations.
I am currently awaiting delivery of a Temari Balls book so watch this space (don't get too excited though, my efforts are no where near a match for these!).









If you would like to see the rest of the collection please check it out here

No comments:

Post a Comment