Wednesday 22 May 2013

Designer Picks: Modern Art Deco

Okay so I have finally given in and done a post inspired by the Great Gatsby. I know what you're thinking- "How many posts can one person read about the 1920s in such a short space of time?". Sorry I'm just adding one more to the pile!

I actually went to see the film on Saturday and liked it. My husband on the other hand absolutely hated it. He thought it was superficial, badly shot and 45 mins too long. I thought it was good fun and really demonstrated the frivolity and fun of the era.
I also enjoyed the mix of modern music along with authentic sounds from the era. So in the spirit of modern mixed with traditional I have pulled together a collection of jewellery inspired by Art Deco but with a modern twist... Why jewellery? I always feel that Art Deco jewellery made in modern times is often really difficult to wear (unless of course you happen to be running around in a flapper dress). I really enjoyed these pieces because they give a nod to the era but can still be worn with contemporary fashion.

Enjoy!...

Buy Me Here
Buy Me Here
Buy Me Here
Buy Me Here
Buy Me Here

No comments:

Post a Comment