Wednesday 7 November 2012

Crafty Exploits: Embroidery 1

Legs and Laundry (2012), Embroidery on Linen Canvas, Michelle Woods


 
I thought i would share an image of an embroidery i have been working on for quite some time. To be honest this one has taken forever!
The image is taken from one of my line drawings which is part of a series focusing on domestic objects and body parts. I always work with fineline pens (0.05 nib) and build up line and pattern to give depth to the drawing. I then add splashes of colour here and there to help focus the eye. 
 
For this embroidery i wanted the finished piece to still have a drawing-esque (don't think thats actually a word!) quality so i used a fine embroidery thread on A1 sized linen canvas.
 
It's been with me for so long that i'm actually a little sad that its complete but hey roll on the next one!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment